Monday, June 16, 2008

emails from Heaven?

Have you heard about this new service being offered? I read about it at Normal Rockstar's blog. The website describes it's service this way:
We have set up a system to send documents by the email, to the addresses you provide, 6 days after the "Rapture" of the Church. This occurs when 3 of our 5 team members scattered around the U.S fail to log in over a 3 day period. Another 3 days are given to fail safe any false triggering of the system.
So basically, you can leave a message for the unsaved to be sent after you've left. I think that'd be a little freaky! However, it got me thinking.... what would I want to say to those left behind if I am raptured (meaning, if I'm alive at the rapture)? Or even just after I die? With today's advanced technology, it's possible to send messages from the afterlife.

Since Blogger now allows you to pre-date your posts, I'm going to go ahead and write some messages that will only be posted if I am unable to re-date them to a future time. Meaning, if I die, am raptured, or perhaps am in a coma, I will still be a faithful blogger!

Did you see P.S. I love you? Just because I won't be here, doesn't mean I'll stop loving you all!

1 comment:

  1. That is interesting (and good) to think about. Thanks for sharing it. About a year ago I saw a small article in the paper about an elderly man who was notorious for playing practical jokes on his friends and family. When he was getting so far along, and (for whatever reasons) realized that his remaining time was short, he planned a final joke to play. He wrote a letter from himself - from the perspective of just having arrived to Heaven, almost like a brief little report/anecdote of his arrival - and made several copies, and provided pre-addressed envelopes for each of his humor-victims, and more than enough money for postage (alotting for possible future increases). He arranged it with his local postmaster, whom he knew - or maybe it was just one of his friends...). I believe the return address was "Heaven". The plan was carried out according to his wishes, a short period after his death. His sense of humor lived on, continuing to affect those he cared about.

    ReplyDelete