Thursday, October 16, 2008

Thanks News Tribune Man.

Today, I wore my abort73.com sweatshirt. I had been wanting to wear it for a while now because it's so comfortable, but this little voice inside my head keep telling me I shouldn't.
"You don't want to cause any trouble with your classmates. It's only the beginning of the year. What will you do if one of the girl responses by telling you she's had an abortion and she's offended by your sweatshirt?"
I finally told that voice to shut up, and I wore the sweatshirt today. I told myself that it's more likely that no one will say anything at all. I was right. Mostly. No one at school said anything. I only caught one person even looking at it.

However, as I came out of Wal-Mart the older gentleman at the News Tribune table outside the door saw my sweatshirt and asked me if he could read it all. I figured he was trying to sell me a paper (though it turned out he was giving away free papers - I didn't stay around to hear the catch). I let him read it and he asked me what it meant. I said that it was a catchy way of getting people's attention so they'd visit the web site and get all the facts about abortion before they form an opinion. "So I take it you're against abortion?" I told him I was, and he was glad.

I'm thankful for that man, for making me talk about the sweatshirt. The whole point of it is to get people to go to the site and be educated about the facts.


No comments:

Post a Comment