Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Love's confusing but it never gets dull.

Over the last few months I've been discovering a whole new Love. I've loved God since I first discovered my need for Him when I was much younger. It was a love that was a response to His first loving me when He died for me. It is a beautiful love, don't get me wrong. What I've discovered recently is a passionate love. A love that goes beyond any understanding. Especially my own. With that thought, I'll do my best to explain.

My walk with God used to be very one sided. I sought to please Him, I sang songs to Him, I found ways to love Him, and I searched for His heart. It turns out, He also seeks to please me, He sings about me, He finds ways to love me, and He has searched for my heart! Wow. God knows my name. And He pronounces it correctly! He sings over me and He dances 'round about me! I am His favorite! His thoughts of me are more numerous than the sand. (Ps 139:17-18) God is pursuing my heart. He desires me more than I desire Him. Why have I only now discovered this? I have only just begun to let God woo me. Over these last few months He has become the Lover of my soul. And I am satisfied in Him.

Everything little thing reminds me of Him. Every love song I hear is either from me to Him, or from Him to me. With the same passion that a man loves a woman, God loves me. He created eros love, so He knows best how to give it! He aches for me, and I ache for Him. It's crazy and it doesn't make sense to my mind, but my heart sure feels God's love! I am now able to let that same kind of love to others. Moral of the story? Don't be afriad to let God love you passionately!

No comments:

Post a Comment