Sunday, January 31, 2016

God delights to answer our prayers.

This morning I woke up feeling rather homesick and dealing with feeling of loneliness. I very simply said to God, "A hug would be really nice." The day went on. I went over to the laundromat to wash a load and brought a couple tasks to work on. I had hoped it would be empty because I wasn't wanting to be around people, but alas, there was a family there as well, including a little boy and his sister. They were adorable. It troubled me how their father kept shushing them when they'd try to speak with me, just saying "hi, what are you doing?" I'd smile at him and wave at him when he'd look at me across the room. Very few words were said between us because we were both afraid to upset his dad, but when his dad walked out to load up the car and said "let's go," that little boy ran over to me and caught me totally off guard when he threw his little arms around my neck and said "goodbye!"

God delights to answer our prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment