Sunday, December 9, 2007

Our World

[This is just random, unorganized thoughts while on my lunch break.]

At least 10 people have been killed in random violent shootings in America this past week. Why? That is the question everyone is asking. I wrote a college english paper about this subject just last year and even I wasn't completely satisfied with my answer. I do believe, however, that this kind of senselessness will only become more prevailent. Should I quit asking "Why?" Never. Should I quit trying to find a solution? Nope. This is not just some people's problem. It's everyone's problem.

This is our world. So, what are we going to do about it? There's a popular statistic that goes something like this: Eighty percent of the work is done by twenty percent of the people. What percent do you fall into?

I want to be part of the 20% who are doing the work. More importantly, I want that percentage to grow.

"That's just the way it is; somethings never change." How ironic that this lovely tune is playing on the radio as I write this.

No comments:

Post a Comment