Sunday, September 12, 2004

the college choice - part 2

I arrived in Ohio with dreams of a life of excitement. After all, my brother's life sounded exciting from over the phone. His friends were fun and his church dynamic! Much to my disappointment, Ohio wasn't the place I had imagined it to be. A dry job, an over-religious church, and a town who's most exciting place to be was Wal-Mart. I did, however, make a friend that would change my life. My favorite little person, Ethan. My nephew. He was four months old when I first showed up. A miniature replica of his father. To make an already long story short, I learned the value and importance of keeping home and being a mom. I decided that a college degree wouldn't be of much use to me. I still study and educate myself so I can raise up smart kids. Instead of college, I will spend time learning how to manage a household and other such related matters. Cooking, sewing/knitting, home decoration, home business management, and how to teach among others. I'm also learning how to be more feminine. I've found ladiesagainstfeminism.org to be a useful site. So, I guess that's the jest of the story. I'm excited to see how God will use me!

No comments:

Post a Comment