Wednesday, September 1, 2004

the college choice - part 1

I've never had a real desire to go off to college and earn a degree. When I graduated from high school, I entered the work force. For two years I enjoyed serving coffee to the half-awake folks of Parkland. During this time I took a couple classes to pursue hobbies that interested me. Namely, acting and film-making. I spent much time volunteering as a youth leader at my church as well as teaching preschoolers during MOPS twice a month. I never pursued any activities that could advance me "up the corporate latter", so to speak. I had imagined that I would meet someone and get married and my life would begin. After a year and a half of feeling that I 'wasn't going anywhere' I moved to Ohio to spend time with my brother and his family. They suggested it earlier, but it never occurred to me to take action. Until one day, it did. I had nothing holding me back, and I was longing for adventure. A new life, a chance to start over was the thought rolling around in my head. I was pretty sure I'd be back, but the possibilities were endless! TO BE CONTINUED...

No comments:

Post a Comment