Friday, May 28, 2004

bitter

I woke up this morning thinking about how lame my H.S. Senior year fast pitch coaches were. I could've done a better job with half a brain. They new the game, sure. But they didn't know people. They didn't understand how to work with girls either. First off you should make sure everyone gets along. A divided team cannot win. If you can't fix that, then realize that you're not going to having a winning team and just make sure everyone is having fun. Then you might get your miracle.

My Junior year I got stuck on JV, but I'm so glad I did. We went undefeated. But the Varsity team didn't say kiss my foot or nothing! They looked down on us. How lame. So of course next year we didn't like each other. They kept saying things like "Yeah, that was JV teams you were playing, this is Varsity." And the coaches of course had favorites which didn't include me and my friends from last year. Yes, I know it's been three years, but I'm still a bit bitter. I think it has to do with me not saying anything to them. They were terrible. All they did was yell and criticize. My batting skills went down the tube because I never had any coaches coaching me in that area. And I only got so much time in the cage to begin with. They wanted to help the players that could already hit just fine. So my little group of senior friends and I almost quit. We talked about it a lot. But I couldn't be a quitter. In the end only one of us left. I wish I was as strong as I am now, I would've told them a thing or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment