Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Following

Our God is a good God. This weekend was filled with good times with friends and great discussions about God and seeking his will for our lives. That's always been a tough subject for me because I agonize over details and wonder about actually 'knowing'. There are two parts to God's will - his general will which is laid out for us in scripture, and his specific will for individual lives. It is the latter that I have struggled with. Although, I haven't been very adamant about seeking the scripture to fully understand his supreme will for his people either. Frankly, it's much easier to ignore them both as topics of study.

I love when something seems completely irrelevant at the time, but within 48 hours it suddenly applies. It's usually good for a giggle or two. On Friday evening, I was asked if I was at any crossroads in my walk that I could use prayer for. I was tempted to really dig deep and see if I could pull something out of hat, but I knew that'd really be reaching. So I simply stated, "Nope."

Fast forward to Monday morning. First thing in class, our instructor announces that the Video Production program is being canceled. For those of you who don't know me, here's a quick summary of the last 8 years. I worked 4 jobs, moved out of state and back, took a couple of community courses, and totally put off pursuing my talent in visual arts with reasons that seemed totally justified at the time. This fall I finally faced my folly and enrolled in Tech school to get an AAS and Video Production Certification. And now back to Monday morning. I laughed. I had to. I almost felt the need to apologize to the other students as though the program would not have been canceled had I not been enrolled. Foolishness, I know.

A great excitement began to grow in me. I began to imagine the wonderful things that God will be doing in my life. It was a great notion, and a wonderful day. I just wanted to share.

3 comments:

  1. i am confident it will be amazing...whatever it is...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is cool that you look at it in a positive light. Seems like the next few months are gonna be pretty interesting for you! Do they give you any refund or anything?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great story - and I'm so impressed that you caught 'The Wizard' in my post, and were a fan! I just found out my wife was a big fan too.

    ReplyDelete