Friday, January 15, 2010

Twenty10

Alright.  I think I'm far enough into the new year to write about what it is I'd like to accomplish this year without making too many crazy whimsical goals.

I'm not sure I remember a whole lot of 'moments' from 2009, but it was, for me, a year of pressing on. It was a time of seeing my way through various bumps in the road.  Most predominately, the 'bump' of having my school program canceled just as I was getting started.  After many years of talking about studying video, I finally got my papers together and started classes.  When I was first given the disappointing news that I actually wasn't going to be getting a video production certification, I laughed. The rug had been pulled out from under me.

I've taken what video classes I can, but now I've just been pushing on toward finishing the general media degree.  However, if I hadn't started at CPTC, I would have never gotten back into ASL.  If I hadn't gone back into ASL, I'd still be looking for what I should be doing with myself. 










This comic made me laugh, but then it made me think.  There are times in our lives when we seem completely trapped by our circumstances.  Life seems hopeless and we can't see anyway out.  But that doesn't mean those things are true, and it certainly doesn't mean that NOTHING is in our control.  We still have choices to make.  We can still choose to be positive no matter what our situation.  We can work on the little things.  After all, isn't everything just "little things" when we ponder the greatness of our God?

For Twenty10, here are some ideas that have come to mind as 'resolutions,' if you will.

1] Read the entire Bible.  I am making this possible by using this service.
2] Keep the conversation going.  This refers to keeping active communication with the people around me, including my Savior.
3] Learn to play 2-4 songs a month on guitar.  I may possible record these in-house performances so I can see my progression in this area.  I love to play, but without practice, I'm just a wanna be.
4a] Keep current with my digital scrapbooking.  This means scraping any events within a weeks time so that when 2011 comes around, I'll still remember 2010.
4b] Take more "life" pictures.  As a photographer, I actually am terrible at this.
5] Dance more.
6] Once a month Signed Songs - posted online.
7] Be more INVOLVED in Youth Church.
8] STOP complaining.  I will most definitely need help with this one.
9]

So what do you think?  Can I handle all that?  Number 9 is left open because "there's always room for improvement."

1 comment:

  1. Katherine, thanks for sharing with me about how you started reading my blog. It's funny how those times when God doesn't seem to meet our expectations and we're left alone can teach us so much. I hope twenty10 is an awesome year for you!

    ReplyDelete