Thursday, May 11, 2006

Get real.

I'm not as confident as I would like to be. Being a photographer is only fun when there's no stress. I thought taking people's portraits for some income would be fun. However, the money part really messes me up. They're paying me to take their picture. What if they don't like it? What if none of them come out? Being a photographer is just as worrisome as being in front of the camera. I didn't realize I would feel so judged. The whole thing about taking portraits is taking photos that your client will like. How do I know what kind of pictures they will like? Sure I can get an idea of whether they prefer B/W versus color or sepia. But what about style? All these things running through my head while I'm supposed to be focused on shutter speed and apature. I think I'm going to have to stick with Sports and Art Photography. I can take the pictures on my own time, then my clients can purchase the ones they like. Take it or leave it. So much less stressful being able to take a picture that I will like and finding out later if anyone else likes it.

I've also discovered that I really prefer to be at the editing table. Perhaps I'll take some graphic design classes.

1 comment:

  1. It's nice to know your strengh's and weakness. You have alot of wisdom for such a young person. Notice you had to step out into portaits before you realized these answers. Keep stepping out in faith and eventually you'll land on the rock you were meant to thrive on. Life's in the journey not the destination. Pack light and accept no substitutes!

    ReplyDelete